2021 Online Conference Report
06 August 2021
Report: The Global Launch of the Equal Rights Coalition Strategy
Tuesday 6 – Wednesday 7 July 2021
The formal launch of the ERC’s Five-Year Strategy (2021-2026) took place at a virtual ERC conference planned by the co-chairs in close collaboration with Wilton Park on 6 and 7 July at 13:00 to 17:30 UK time. The conference objectives were:
- Improve collaboration.
- Formal launch of the Strategy.
- Agree to closer working within the ERC.
Outcomes of the global launch event:
- A majority of the 42 ERC Member States responded positively to the Strategy and Five-Year Implementation Plan.
- Ministers and high-level representatives from 31 ERC Member States and the World Bank delivered statements, in person or by video during the Ministerial segment. Given the overwhelming response by Member States, there was no time to hear the statements of support from the Baring Foundation and Global Philanthropy Project in this session.
- ERC Member States committed to closer collaboration with the ERC and to joining at least one of the ERC’s Four Thematic Groups.
Category Report, Argentina, United Kingdom, Donor Coordination, International Diplomacy, National Laws And Policies, Statements And Strategic Documents, English, 2021