National Laws & Policies: Legal Gender Recognition
03 December 2021
The Equal Rights Coalition Thematic Group on National Laws and Policies hosted a webinar on legal gender recognition, with the support of the UN Human Rights Office (OHCHR) and GATE. The webinar aimed to:
1. Raise awareness of international human rights norms and standards relating to legal gender recognition laws and policies.
2. Highlight positive developments and remaining challenges and human rights violations in relation to access to legal gender recognition.
3. Share good practices and lessons learned by States in the development and application of laws and policies on legal gender recognition in line with human rights standards.
- Victor Madrigal-Borloz, UN Independent Expert on protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity
- Gabi Calleja, Head of the LGBT Unit, Ministry for Equality, Research and Innovation, Government of Malta
- Cecilia Meirovich, Head of the Directorate for Human Rights, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Argentina
- Mauro Cabral Grinspan, Executive Director, GATE – Trans, Gender Diverse and Intersex Advocacy in Action