National Laws & Policies: LGBTI Refugees
08 April 2022
The Equal Rights Coalition Thematic Group on National Laws and Policies hosted a webinar on LGBTI Refugees, with the support of Rainbow Railroad and Global Affairs Canada. The webinar aimed to:
- Shed light on the current conditions of LGBTI internally displaced persons, asylum-seekers and refugees around the world and highlight the urgency of addressing their needs
- Learn how civil society organizations, and governments have responded to these conditions.
- Present good practice recommendations to ERC member states on LGBTI-inclusive refugee policies.
- Brizan Ware, Upper Lift Minorities (Kenya)
- Lenny Emson, Kyiv Pride (Ukraine)
- Mariano Ruiz, AMAL (Argentina)
- Emily Hewitt, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (Canada)
- Linyi Baidal Sequeira, Head of the Human Rights Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship, Costa Rica (Costa Rica)